Join a Team That Delivers!
We are a national candy/snack sales agency with a legacy of over 60 years. At BBI, our mission is to deliver innovative solutions centered on short-term strategy, long-term growth, and unique capabilities in omni-channel and traditional segments. We strive to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work, and a sense of family defines our culture.
BBI provides many employee-engaging activities, including sponsoring participation in various charity walks/runs, holiday celebrations, casual Fridays, employee lunches, and recognition programs.
We offer a comprehensive health & benefits package, including paid time off. To learn more about who we are, our vision, mission, and values, check out: www.bbiteam.com/about.
Are you ready to join our dynamic team?
The role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the office.
Recipe for Success:
- Minimum High School diploma/GED
- Minimum of one (1) year performing administrative assistant tasks in an office environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
Here's a Taste of What You’ll Be Doing:
- Submitting orders/ confirmations
- Talking to the customers if they have questions concerning their orders or pricing
- Maintain communications between manufacturer and customer
- Invoice requests, order inquiries, revisions, etc.
- Requesting invoices for customers
- Follow up on orders
- Communicating Pricing to the Customers
- Talking to the Sales Team on orders, issues, and concerns
- Talking to the manufacturers on orders and deliveries to the customers
- Manufacturers deductions
- Copies for the Sales Team when needed
- Tracking Orders
- Ordering Samples When needed
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Organizational skills: 1 year (Required)
- Administrative Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 paid company holidays
- Vision Insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chesapeake, VA 23320: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Burdette Beckmann Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.