As an Account Executive, you will use your stellar sales skills to manage relationships and create new opportunities effectively. We focus on great relationships - both with each other and our customers.
Here’s a Taste of What You’ll Be Doing:
The Account Executive (AE) will be responsible for sales of full consumable portfolio in the Alternative Markets channel of trade, with responsibility for Menards and Ace Hardware, among other Midwest-based retailers. The AE will serve as a critical member of the sales team who contributes to the strategic direction of the customer relationship. This role contributes to sales, distribution, and share growth for manufacturer partners by driving key initiatives and priorities within our retail partners.
The ideal candidate will bring five or more years of Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) sales experience, calling on headquarter category buyers for a super-regional or national chain account. They will have experience building an annual strategic plan and demonstrated use of syndicated data in a solution-selling environment. Knowledge of the Hardware Channel, specifically Menards and Ace Hardware, would be a plus.
This role is REMOTE and will require business travel to and from corporate meetings and business opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with Menards and Ace Hardware buyers and key operations, demand planning, category management, and various routes to the market leadership team.
- Develop short- and long-term joint business plans (JBP) for all accounts listed by engaging multi-functional internal support teams.
- Manage sales processes from the planning stage, development, and execution, ensuring all retailer timelines are met and deliverables are executed, with timely communication to internal parties and the retailer.
- Manage promotional plans within assigned trade budgets to optimize net sales and margin.
- Sell/communicate vital initiatives to decision-makers, ensuring alignment and execution of internal strategies and the JBP.
- Utilize internal, syndicated, and point of sale (POS) data to identify opportunities and adjust plans to meet and exceed annual goals and objectives.
- Ability and alignment to work cross-functionally across all facets of the business; derive best-in-class selling to the aforementioned set of accounts.
Recipe for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience in the Industry
- Five years of CPG sales or sales experience Leading National Retailers HQ Call
- Minimum 5 years of experience using MS Office products like PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the Account Executive. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.