As an Account Executive, you will use your stellar sales skills to manage relationships and create new opportunities effectively. We focus on great relationships on our team - both with each other and our customers. The candidate must be located in the Charlotte, NC, area to manage the sales territory.
Here’s a Taste of What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing and developing sales within grocery segment accounts at the corporate level while building relationships directly and indirectly among our broad portfolio of manufacturers and distributors.
- Achieving sales plan within trade spending budget, attaining distribution objectives, developing and executing the strategic channel plan, and creating tactics to meet assigned objectives.
- Analyzing and formulating customer-specific business action plans to address challenges and maximize opportunities.
- Setting revenue expectations, forecasting, reporting information, achievements, and issues.
- Building rapport with key buyers and senior management with the customer and manufacturer partners.
- Negotiating business terms with customers/manufacturers to achieve win/win results that provide the basis for strong ongoing relationships and increased revenue.
- Developing and presenting quality presentations at the customer and manufacturer levels.
Recipe for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of account management/sales experience in the confectionary/snack/center store categories, preferably in the grocery class of trade with Food Lion, Merchants Distributors, Ingles, Harris Teeter.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to extract information and insight from raw data and link it to strategic goals.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, organization, and negotiation skills.
- Problem solver with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to various people.
We offer a comprehensive health & benefits package, bonus, and paid time off. Learn more about us at: www.bbiteam.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the Account Executive. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.